Don’t worry. Don’t be scared. It is not a therapy where you are given a shock. Shockwave therapy uses a device which generates acoustic waves which are transmitted to the tissues with the help of an applicator. It triggers a biological effect which helps the healing process and formation of healthy tissues. Benefits of Shockwave therapy:
- Pain reduction
- Stimulates collagen formation (collage is a protein that is the part of the structure of tissue, muscles, skin)
- New blood vessel formation
- Helps to dissolve the calcification
- Trigger point release
What to expect during and after therapy?
Shockwave Therapy feels like taping on your tissue. It is not necessarily a painful therapy but depending on the sensitivity of an individual it may feel little discomforting. Majority of people do not feel painful during the treatment. After the treatment many people feel release in the tissues, relief in pain and in some times it can be painful in the first 24-48 hours and later it gets better. Conditions treated
Calcifications, Tennis elbow, Hip pain depending on the condition, Heel spur, Plantar fasciitis, Back pain depending on the condition, Tendinitis, Medial tibial stress syndrome, Chronic tendinopathy, Jumper’s knee, Shoulder pain depending on the condition
- Do I need my doctor’s referral?
- No. Doctor’s referral is not necessary. If your physiotherapist encounters something which might need the doctor’s opinion then your physiotherapist will refer you to the doctor.
- How many sessions I would need?
- Every person’s body and nature of injury is different and which dictates the treatment plan. Our experienced professionals devise a very effective and efficient treatment plan where the goal is to quickly return to the pre-injury activities.