Sports Physiotherapy is a specialised division of physiotherapy where the focus is on athletic and sports related injuries and prevention strategies. Athletes and sports person require higher level of function, agility and endurance in their body and when it is disrupted it can affect their involvement in the activities. At Divine Care Physiotherapy, we have well trained and immensely experienced professionals who can help people with athletic and sports related injuries and provide excellent results.
Youth Sports Physiotherapy
Our professionals at Divine Care Physiotherapy also has lot of experience in taking care of youth who gets involved in athletic or sports related injuries such as joint or muscles injuries, concussion etc. We also perform Concussion Baseline Assessments which are sometimes requested by the coach.
Ligament injuries, Groin strains, Rotator Cuff injuries, Ankle sprains, Knee injuries, Knee MCL/ACL/Meniscus injuries, Patellofemoral pain syndrome, Osgood-Schlatter disease, Tennis Elbow, Golfers elbow, AC joint strain, Achilles tendon injuries, Post dislocation rehab, Concussion, Whiplash injuries, Shin splints, Hamstrings strains
- Do I need my doctor’s referral?
- No. Doctor’s referral is not necessary. If your physiotherapist encounters something which might need the doctor’s opinion then your physiotherapist will refer you to the doctor.
- What is different in sports physiotherapy compared to regular physiotherapy?
- Sports physiotherapy needs specific type of assessments and evaluation procedures depending on the nature of the sports activities you are involved in. It also requires tailored exercise programs for the clients return to the activities as soon as possible. So it requires special skills and which is acquired with ample amount of experience in the field.
- How many sessions I would need?
- Every person’s body and nature of injury is different and which dictates the treatment plan. Our experienced professionals devise a very effective and efficient treatment plan where the goal is to quickly return to the sports activities.